My wife Naoko wrote a reply to this post. It was fun comparing how different the podcasts we listen to are. 🙂
First, I’d like to plug a podcast that I’m a semi-regular guest on, techsTalking(5417), a podcast where technology people just talk about whatever is on our mind.
Here are some other podcasts that I’m currently subscribed to:
- The Incomparable — a podcast about anything geeky. Star Wars? Check. Star Trek? Check. Silly drafts? Check. Crazy movies? Check.
- The Incomparable Game Show — born from The Incomparable proper, regular panelists play crazy games for your entertainment. On the podcast.
- Incomparable Radio Theater — The Incomparable podcast, once upon a time, liked to do funny things on April Fools. Like, say: release a full-length episode in the format of old-time radio drama. Including equally funny sponsors (some fake, some real). Now, they’ve spun it off in to a separate podcast.
- Random Trek — Incomparable regular Scott McNulty hosts a podcast with non-random guests talking about random episodes of Star Trek.
- Robot or Not? — Is it a robot? Or not?
- Astronomy Cast — A weekly “facts-based journey through the cosmos”.
- Reconcilable Differences — Two of my favorite podcasters, John Siracusa and Merlin Mann, get together on one podcast.
A few other podcasts I listen to occasionally:
- Clockwise — “4 guests, 4 topics, 30 minutes”
- Accidental Tech Podcast
- Discover ADN
And assorted programming-specific podcasts.